Working as a packaging supplier is an incredibly rewarding business. Helping our customers launch new products with brand new packaging innovation is a huge feel-good part of our day-to-day operations.
Listening to their needs is an important step to coming up with solutions to their problems. A lot of businesses are struggling with how to fit sustainable packaging innovations into their sales models but with our help, it’s actually not as daunting as it may seem.
As part of our commitment to our customers, we are continually coming up with new innovations to make life easier for their end-users. Below are some of our most popular options:
1) Single Lip Zipper on PE/PE bags
2) Aplix Zipper on PE/PE bags
3) Gusset Handles – label stickers for side gussets to carry products like cat litter or heavyweight, usually in PP but also available as PE handles on PE/PE bags for a fully recyclable solution
4) Spouts & Plastic Handle Inserts – bespoke size fittings for larger pouch applications suitable for catering or building sectors
5) Special PP Sealing Film for woven BOPP bags – making them an alternative to PE/PE bags as fully recyclable and ideal for packaging which requires strength and durability
6) EVOH PE – coated polyethylene film for applications that may require additional barrier properties, such as pet food packed with gas flushing process, certain types of protein powder or other products which require a very extended shelf-life
7) Recycled Content PE and BOPP Films – currently under their final phase of development, to respond to the Plastic Tax being implemented in the UK and Europe
One of the main benefits of choosing Law Print for your sustainable packaging innovations is our unique selling point (USP); we are able to provide the PE/PE bags across all standard pack formats – Pouch, Flat Bottom & Quad Seal. This is why our Ready2Recycle range is a popular option for a lot of our new and existing customers. We’ve already sold millions of recycle ready bags in the last couple of years, meaning the race to sustainability is well on its way with all the customers we have supplied so far.
As an alternative, we also offer a new generation of woven BOPP bags with a smoother weave pattern that is barely visible to the eye and gives a great natural look, so that premium products with a premium label don’t look out of place in these new BOPP bags. Without the need of stitching them at the top and with the addition of a block bottom base, the bags also provide the same great shelf appeal as non-recyclable plastic bags. They’re sealable with the use of our new heat-sealing technology, a game-changing packaging innovation that a lot of customers are already taking advantage of.
Law Print is very focused on creating packaging innovation designs that are made in a more efficient way and use more recycled material content, to help our customers and retailers meet the Plastic Tax 2022 target of 30% first, and a commitment to making a greater % of their packaging reusable or recyclable by 2025.
The modern world of packaging is where improvements and innovations are constantly pushed, not only to meet new market requirements or consumer trends but also to contribute to a better environment wherever possible. With Ready2Recycle, we simply strive to influence change to a more circular economy, where packaging can be disposed of in a more sustainable way.
If your brand is looking to invest in quality packaging, we will guide you through the entire print process. Providing recommendations along the way to improve efficiency, reduce costs and add untold value to the end product.