We’re back from Zoomark 2021 where we joined over 450 companies from all over the world in celebrating the much anticipated return of the show after more than 2 years since the last edition.
The largest European’s pet trade show was held in Bologna, Italy, from Wednesday 10th to Friday 12th November 2021. Usually happening in May, the exhibition was further postponed this year but the turnout proved that the industry was ready for such an event and eager to get back in the swing of things!
A powerful networking platform for the global pet supplies market, it was great to see both exhibitors and visitors alike enjoying what they do best – talking new projects face to face and forging new collaborations.
Industry professionals were also able to showcase their innovations at the New Products Showcase, with old and new trends on display.
“Zoomark International has further strengthened its standing as a stimulus for the sector and consolidated its international position,” said Gianpiero Calzolari, president of fair organiser Bologna Fiere, with satisfaction at the close of the fair.
Law Print has been taking part in the top trade event for the 5th time and, in particular after such a long time without attending trade shows, it was a great feeling to see familiar faces and meet new ones, talking about new projects and looking forward to new partnerships.
Having launched our Ready 2 Recycle range of mono material bags for the first time in 2019, the new and further improved developments attracted a variety of businesses searching for sustainable pet packaging solutions.
Our 100% recyclable Pouches, Flat Bottom, Quad Seal and Woven BOPP bags stood out in the show, as they provide the fantastic on-shelf presentation businesses are looking for; whilst appealing to today’s consumers, who actively seek sustainable and flexible packaging options.
Along with our Ready 2 Recycle range, we had our conventional Pet Care Portfolio on display, including some of our recent work with global retailers, supermarkets and innovative start-up brands.
There was a variety of impressive stands, most of which focused on ethical and sustainability credentials. They not only highlighted fresh and responsibly sourced produce, but also followed a natural and healthy theme in keeping with the packaging trends we’ve seen emerging over the last couple of years.
New Products Showcase
During the show, we went over to the New Products Showcase, which is always a key focal point of the event.
Over 200 products were located in the dedicated area in Hall 25. Many from UK and EU participants, offering a preview of some of the most interesting and innovative new ideas on the market.
There were a few reoccurring patterns throughout the New Products Showcase and exhibition floor:
- Humanisation – The clear similarities between pet food packaging and human packaging in terms of design and format types are obvious.
- Transparency – This trend was prevalent again at Zoomark. Many brands opted for the see-through window feature on their packaging to show off their pet products.
- Health – There was also a huge focus on health, from supplements to treats made with CBD and natural herbs and ingredients. Conscious consumers are more health aware than ever before in this current climate and they now expect to have the same choices for their pets.
- Luxury – Along with health care, there was an array of luxury items on offer, such as pet cosmetics, premium foods and freshly baked goods. Memory foam beds, fancy bowls, smart collars and leashes, grooming sets and even celebration packs with candles and balloons also featured.
- Made in Italia – And, of course, whilst in Italy, some of the new products were clearly being tailored to the local tastes and trends! Yet again, it is evident that pets have never been so pampered and pet care buyers show no signs of slowing down on the spending, with many pet parents still clearly prepared to cut back on treating themselves rather than their pets!
- Sustainability – It was also apparent that amidst the pandemic and the current climate concerns, the pet industry has been re-assessing the ethics of their products, and re-thinking their brand packaging in the process. Most packaging on display boosted eco-messages with natural looking raw materials being used, paper finished bags still going strong, but above all, a conscious switch towards mono material packaging, which we first pioneered at the last 2019 edition.
- Convenience – As for the features, we could still see the old favourites such as zippers and windows which help to prolong shelf life and convey product transparency; or handles and flat bottoms which create convenience and help shelf presentation. This is why, the latest developments for our Ready 2 Recycle range include low sealing PE zipper and Aplix resealable systems to keep the same practical features, still popular for pet food packaging solutions that many of our clients currently choose.
Overall it’s been a great trade event and we can’t wait to show you what we have got in store for 2022. Watch this space for further announcement on our Recycled Content solutions!
But, for now, if you didn’t see us or make it to Zoomark, you can catch up with everything we exhibited below.
You can view our Ready 2 Recycle range of flexible plastic packaging. Undeserving of all the negativity, plastic can actually be the most environmentally-friendly packaging solution when disposed of properly. Increased shelf-life, decreased carbon footprint in the supply chain and recyclability are reasons to check out our sustainable single polymer solutions.
If you’re looking for more information on our company and the services we offer, feel free to download our Company Brochure. You’ll find examples of our work with local and global brands and retailers, as well as information on our print technology.
For a realistic and honest view about how to make your packaging more sustainable and the sustainable changes we are able to deliver today, with what we have, download our eBook ‘The Ultimate Guide to Sustainable Packaging’.
We look forward to hearing from you and hopefully seeing you at the Interzoo trade show in Nuremberg, Germany, in May 2022!